Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Notes from Sonia... Shimer Carries on....

hey Bill,

I have some news which I am hoping to use you as a tool to publicize. You even, I hear, have a virtual Shimer group.

The news: on Wednesday, March 15 at 7:00pm at the Uptown Border's on Lawrence, there will take place a discussion on Plato's The Republic, the topic: the role of the church in the state. This will be the first meeting of a new great books discussion group facilitated, at least in the beginning - I expect anarchy no later than the 2nd meeting - by me. Anyone who has done the reading recently is welcome to participate.

For further details (there aren't any but people do so like to think that there is always more), I can be emailed at Uptowngreatbooks@yahoo.com.

Thanks and let's have coffee sometime.

Sonia

No comments :